Who is custom care?
Custom Care Home Health & Hospice is a locally based and operated company passionate about serving communities in the greater Dallas and Ft. Worth area. We at Custom Care believe in a patient and family approach to care. Our teammates are committed to providing each patient with life-changing service.
Home Health Care
Our clinicians at Custom Care Home Health are trained to assist you in recovering from an illness or hospital stay. Our team based approach to home health care will be there for you and your family in promoting an optimal and speedy recovery.
Home health care refers to a wide range of services and supportive care provided at home by trained and licensed professionals under the continuing supervision of your doctor. It is usually less expensive and more convenient than being in a hospital or skilled nursing facility. Many former home health patients feel they recovered faster surrounded by their family and friends at home.
Home health care can be short term, helping you to regain self-sufficiency after an illness, injury or operation. In cases where longer term home health care is required, the goal is to help you maintain the highest level of health and live independently as long as possible.
Prior hospitalization is not a requirement for home health care services. However, your doctor does need to refer you and develop a plan for your care.
Hospice Care is a priceless gift to patients and their families. It provides comfort, dignity, quality of life and time to those facing a life-limiting illness, such as heart disease, dementia, Alzheimer’s, COPD, or cancer.
Hospice is one of the most underutilized and misunderstood Medicare benefits. Hospice care has a significant, positive impact on patients and their families. And, it is covered by Medicare as well as most Medicaid and commercial insurance plans.
With the expert care of our hospice team at Custom Care, our patients can see improvements in:
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Unnecessary Hospitalizations
- Patient and Family Satisfaction
Custom Care cares for the whole patient. Our comprehensive hospice service offerings include:
- All medicines, medical equipment and supplies related to the terminal illness
- Medication management to control pain and symptoms
- Nursing and home health aide visits to provide direct care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy for patient safety and independence
- Support through social work, counseling and chaplain services
- Volunteer services to provide companionship
- Bereavement services for a minimum of 13 months after a loss